Broiled Salmon with a Stone Ground Mustard and Lemon Crust
This roasted salmon recipe is quick, easy, delicious and healthy! How's that for checking all the boxes? Coat the fillets with a thin layer of stone ground mustard, and top with olive oil soaked Panko breadcrumbs combined with lemon zest, and then broiled for eight to ten minutes. The topping gets crunchy and golden in the oven and helps keep the fish from drying out as it cooks. Tip: if your fish monger has not already deboned the fillets, use a pair of kitchen tweezers to remove them before you begin. If you have a large piece of fish and want to cut it into fillets, it's much easier to do so before you cook it. I use kitchen scissors and cut them on the baking pan, so I don't have to clean a cutting board.If you notice that the breadcrumbs are browning too quickly, lay a piece of tin foil over the top of the fish to protect it from the direct heat.
- 2 1/2 lbs salmon cut into 4-6 fillets
- 3/4 cup stone ground mustard
- 2 large lemons, zested
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt qb
- pepper qb
- Debone the fish, if necessary.
- Cut the salmon into fillets.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Mix the lemon zest, Panko breadcrumbs and olive oil together in a bowl and set aside.
- Spread the mustard in a thin layer over the top of the fillets.
- Top with the lemon zest and breadcrumb mixture.
- Broil for 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.