Arugula, Pine Nut and Pear Salad
For the Salad
- 5 cups Arugula
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 2 Pears Sliced thin
- 3 tbspn Pine Nuts Toasted
- Parmiggiano-Reggiano Shaved
For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove Shallot Chopped
- 1 Meyer Lemon Juiced
- 1 Meyer Lemon Zested
- 3 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tspn Salt
- 1/4 tspn Pepper
- Here's what you'll need to make the dressing. This recipe makes about one cup, which is probably more than you will need for this salad, but it will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Put the arugula in a large bowl and add the sliced pears, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts. Reserve some pears and pine nuts to scatter over the top. Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss.
- I like to serve this salad in a platter because the tomatoes and pine nuts tend to settle at the bottom if you use a bowl. Top with more sliced pears, a scattering of pine nuts and shaved Parmiggiano-Reggiano.